This is the Super High End Division (SHED for short) blog of Gil Shuler Graphic Design.
We will be posting stuff that interest us and hope it will interest you enough to respond. Be cool.
Wednesday, November 3, 2010
farm to table
opening on monday will be the long awaited debut of Husk Restaurant, the new restaurant from the neighborhood dining group featuring chef sean brock of McCradys fame. this restaurant is the brainchild of chef brock and david howard that celebrates seans' hand-picked purveyors--all from the south. the menu will change daily, depending on the fresh ingredients he has received. we have really enjoyed working with david and sean on the branding and identity of this amazing eating establishment. other premiere folks involved in getting this thing up and running were melany mullens of wagstaff (pr kings), david richards architect (personal friend and a real smart hokie),
and tommy brooks of brooks sign. yall try and visit this place soon, it will be worth it.
Posted by gillyweed at 9:20 AM
cool stuff you missed
- ▼ November (12)
- the havenots
- magar hat works
- hoppin john
- grainger mckoy sculptor
- 52.5 records
- the fetticini brothers
- matt decell
- i. wilson baker
- peter frank edwards
- squire fox
- all one word
- Halsey Institute of Contemporary Art
- tim hussey
- gibson thompson guest
- yee haw industries-custom letterpress
- sideshow press-custom letterpress
- marius valdez illustrator/designer
- blueion web design group
- Wristcutters -- very original idea. tom waits in it this one.
- Down By Law --Awesome movie by jim jarmusch
- Choke -- chuck pahlaniuk, need i say more?
- The Big Lebowski--a coen brothers classic
- Let the Right One In -- fresh take on the vampire genre. incredible movie
- True Romance-tarantino script, one of the best movies ever
- Fargo--another coen brothers classic, you betcha.
- In Bruges--touching, funny, exciting. great movie