This is the Super High End Division (SHED for short) blog of Gil Shuler Graphic Design.
We will be posting stuff that interest us and hope it will interest you enough to respond. Be cool.
Monday, August 2, 2010
back in the saddle
took a little time off up in the outerbanks of nc, ocracoke island to be exact. me and the family hung with our good friends, mark, michele and andre. played music, ate like a king, met some really interesting folks/new friends and enjoyed the 75-85 degree bliss. while walking around this cool pirate island, i came across some very cool and somewhat odd things. i had to include the toilet planters--those are sweet. we saw these in a few yards. they are fertilized at random. also, the other pic(s) are of an old boat inboard engine just sittin by an old large oaktree. now that is craftsmanship and just plain beautiful. more to come soon...
Posted by gillyweed at 6:12 AM
cool stuff you missed
- ▼ August (10)
- the havenots
- magar hat works
- hoppin john
- grainger mckoy sculptor
- 52.5 records
- the fetticini brothers
- matt decell
- i. wilson baker
- peter frank edwards
- squire fox
- all one word
- Halsey Institute of Contemporary Art
- tim hussey
- gibson thompson guest
- yee haw industries-custom letterpress
- sideshow press-custom letterpress
- marius valdez illustrator/designer
- blueion web design group
- Wristcutters -- very original idea. tom waits in it this one.
- Down By Law --Awesome movie by jim jarmusch
- Choke -- chuck pahlaniuk, need i say more?
- The Big Lebowski--a coen brothers classic
- Let the Right One In -- fresh take on the vampire genre. incredible movie
- True Romance-tarantino script, one of the best movies ever
- Fargo--another coen brothers classic, you betcha.
- In Bruges--touching, funny, exciting. great movie