This is the Super High End Division (SHED for short) blog of Gil Shuler Graphic Design.
We will be posting stuff that interest us and hope it will interest you enough to respond. Be cool.
Monday, September 27, 2010
the relic hunter
spent all day saturday diving the edisto river fossil and relic hunting with an old college friend, gary koger, who has been a professional history relic and fossil hunter. him and i went to a spot he has been before on the edisto and we dove for 2-3 hours. we burnt a couple tanks each and snorkeled in some shallower water as well. from his perspective, we didn't do so well but i thought it was great. at right is a sharks tooth i found in about 8-10ft of water. it is small by most standards, approx 2" tall. found a few of these, gary found a big meg, around 4" tall. we also found, sawfish teeth, ray plates, whale vertebrate, tuna tails, sunglasses, lost key rings, a cell phone and countless other schwagg. it was a fun and educational day. i look forward to more relic hunting real soon.
Posted by gillyweed at 10:46 AM
cool stuff you missed
- ▼ September (13)
- the havenots
- magar hat works
- hoppin john
- grainger mckoy sculptor
- 52.5 records
- the fetticini brothers
- matt decell
- i. wilson baker
- peter frank edwards
- squire fox
- all one word
- Halsey Institute of Contemporary Art
- tim hussey
- gibson thompson guest
- yee haw industries-custom letterpress
- sideshow press-custom letterpress
- marius valdez illustrator/designer
- blueion web design group
- Wristcutters -- very original idea. tom waits in it this one.
- Down By Law --Awesome movie by jim jarmusch
- Choke -- chuck pahlaniuk, need i say more?
- The Big Lebowski--a coen brothers classic
- Let the Right One In -- fresh take on the vampire genre. incredible movie
- True Romance-tarantino script, one of the best movies ever
- Fargo--another coen brothers classic, you betcha.
- In Bruges--touching, funny, exciting. great movie