This is the Super High End Division (SHED for short) blog of Gil Shuler Graphic Design.
We will be posting stuff that interest us and hope it will interest you enough to respond. Be cool.
Monday, March 22, 2010
call and response
mark sloan has done it again. coming to the halsey at the end of may is one of the most exciting art shows to grace our beautiful city: Call And Response: Africa to America, the art of Nick Cave and Phylis Galembo. "Artist Nick Cave creates sculptural works that he calls “Soundsuits” consisting of brightly colored fabrics, elaborate embroidery, beadwork, raffia, and, other natural materials. Phyllis Galembo’s photographic portraits feature masqueraders from the West African countries of Benin, Nigeria, and Burkina Faso. “Call and Response: Africa to America / The Art of Nick Cave and Phyllis Galembo” pairs the work of these two uniquely American artists, each of whom explores the contours of West African masquerade through their art." Thanks to mark for allowing us to create the logo and various materials for this exciting exhibit. look for stickers soon. make sure you keep your eyes and ears open for that--you will be disappointed if you miss this show.
Posted by gillyweed at 10:34 AM
cool stuff you missed
- ▼ 2010 (97)
- the havenots
- magar hat works
- hoppin john
- grainger mckoy sculptor
- 52.5 records
- the fetticini brothers
- matt decell
- i. wilson baker
- peter frank edwards
- squire fox
- all one word
- Halsey Institute of Contemporary Art
- tim hussey
- gibson thompson guest
- yee haw industries-custom letterpress
- sideshow press-custom letterpress
- marius valdez illustrator/designer
- blueion web design group
- Wristcutters -- very original idea. tom waits in it this one.
- Down By Law --Awesome movie by jim jarmusch
- Choke -- chuck pahlaniuk, need i say more?
- The Big Lebowski--a coen brothers classic
- Let the Right One In -- fresh take on the vampire genre. incredible movie
- True Romance-tarantino script, one of the best movies ever
- Fargo--another coen brothers classic, you betcha.
- In Bruges--touching, funny, exciting. great movie