This is the Super High End Division (SHED for short) blog of Gil Shuler Graphic Design.
We will be posting stuff that interest us and hope it will interest you enough to respond. Be cool.
Tuesday, May 26, 2009
it's your head
a while back i was way into old helmets. i found one at an antique shop and painted meat on it--you know, a meat helmet. so at that time i acquired a few different kinds from different countries and different wars. Along with one of the helmets i found was this instruction booklet for how to use your helmet. i have included the cover and a couple spreads. the writing is real tongue and cheek--war can be fun - except when your head gets blown off! the illustrations are great and the use of type make this real immediate and easy to follow--just like drill instructors except with out the drill or the instructor. this is a 24 page manual so if you follow this blog i will drop more in at a later date.
Posted by gillyweed at 11:36 AM
cool stuff you missed
- ► 2010 (97)
- the havenots
- magar hat works
- hoppin john
- grainger mckoy sculptor
- 52.5 records
- the fetticini brothers
- matt decell
- i. wilson baker
- peter frank edwards
- squire fox
- all one word
- Halsey Institute of Contemporary Art
- tim hussey
- gibson thompson guest
- yee haw industries-custom letterpress
- sideshow press-custom letterpress
- marius valdez illustrator/designer
- blueion web design group
- Wristcutters -- very original idea. tom waits in it this one.
- Down By Law --Awesome movie by jim jarmusch
- Choke -- chuck pahlaniuk, need i say more?
- The Big Lebowski--a coen brothers classic
- Let the Right One In -- fresh take on the vampire genre. incredible movie
- True Romance-tarantino script, one of the best movies ever
- Fargo--another coen brothers classic, you betcha.
- In Bruges--touching, funny, exciting. great movie